giovedì 19 novembre 2009

Ammalata

It would seem as though I am sick. It's 3:45 and I'm lying in bed in my pajamas still with a headache and stuffy nose and cough and exhaustion. I'm just surprised it took me until now. Props to my brave little immune system for sticking it out so long. I think every single one of the Smith girls was sick during the past few weeks, including both Giovanna and Monica. Sitting in an enclosed classroom with the germs constantly spewing and circulating in the air....it was BOUND to happen. On Monday towards the end of Fashion I started to feel unbearably weak and faint and dizzy. I had to lie down on the couch while Giovanna and Monica and some of the Smith girls tended to me. At least the Fashion professor saw me so she could be certain I wasn't skipping her class on Wednesday. Yes, I missed school on Wednesday. I decided that given my state the best thing to do would probably not be walking a half hour to the center to take a long and stressful exam. In any case I wouldn't have done my best work on it if I had. Same goes for today. I am slightly less congested but I decided against going to my (yes, second) huge stressful art history exam because my work quality would probably not have been up to par. Monica and Giovanna have been amazing, of course, calling to check on me twice each yesterday and twice so far today. My host mom even sent me a text from work and their housekeeper gave me some weird fizzy fever-reducer tablets or something. And Camilla brought me the beeeest wonton soup, exactly as I was craving. And Lord knows there is nothing remotely like that to eat in this house. Basically it's been a pretty awful week and the next one doesn't look like it'll get much better because now I have to worry about making up the 2 exams in addition to a ton of other work. :( Italy's charms are absent right now. SIIIIIGHH. Back to sleep

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento